Monday, November 23, 2009

Vary the Routine

Has cooking become just another part of your daily routine?  Why not try some variation to spruce it up a bit, either in the cooking itself or in your style of presentation for the food. 

As I write this post I am envisioning a fond memory of a family tradition my parents, sister and I had when I was younger.  We had indoor family picnics on our living room floor.  That may sound like a cheesy idea to you, but for me it was one of the highlights of my week.  Why?  Because I was spending time with my family and breaking free from the day-to-day routine once a week.

Today, why not try a creative method of presentation with your family?  Maybe you could try eating with chopsticks or having party food for supper.  Maybe you have a different creative idea such as having family members come up with meal suggestions, eating dessert first, or letting the kids do the cooking.  Whatever your idea, be sure it is something the whole family can enjoy and that family members participate together as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Comments Here: