Monday, November 16, 2009

Comfort Food

I've always thought of comfort food as meat and potatoes or chicken and dumplings.  (Can you tell I'm a Southern girl)?  Today, however, as I was contemplating the intricacies of what comfort food means to me I decided that it is more than simply what tastes good.  There is an emotional connection that makes comfort food a psychological stimulant that makes us feel better about ourselves and things around us.

Comfort food can be both our best friend and our worst enemy.  If we rely upon it constantly to make our problems at least temporarily go away, that can come back to haunt us in our waistlines.  It should be more like a casual acquaintance to us rather than our best friend.

My challenge for you today is to examine the amount of comfort food in your diet and find ways to replace comfort foods with more healthy food choices if too many of them make up your daily household menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Comments Here: