Monday, December 7, 2009

Fast Food Alternative - Home Cooked Meals To Go

My husband and I have been very busy this week between last minute preparations for our church's Christmas play this weekend and my college finals fast approaching not to mention our home based business.  In spite of all the craziness, however, we still have to eat.  It is also important for us to keep our blood sugar steady and not compromise healthy eating habits any more than absolutely necessary.  You can only eat so many Subway sandwiches, so I decided to go back to my old friend Google and do some searching for meals that can be eaten in the car when my husband and I are on the run.

Here are a few things I found...

Big Red Kitchen's website has a very interesting series that responds to a busy mom with kids in sports that has to eat on the run.  You can read it here.

Planning Fun Road Trips has great ideas for vacation road trip recipes you can use everyday here.

A blog at Low Carb Friends has several ideas for healthy portable meals to eat on the run here

Eating consciously lists easy, portable and fast healthy vegan meal options to go on their website located here.

You can even find delicious brown bag recipe ideas at the busy cooks section of about.com here.

Who says you can't make your own fast food?  Fast food can be more in your control, healthier, and less expensive with some good meal planning and simple preparation techniques.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Comments Here: